Crime Stoppers of Houston and the FBI Houston Citizens Academy Alumni Association (CAAA) have partnered to host a Public Service Announcement (PSA) video contest for Houston-area high school students.
The 2021 – 2022 campaign aims to educate the public about the seriousness of Human Trafficking and bringing awareness to the unfortunate reality students and community members are faced with daily.
In addition to educating both community members and youth about what trafficking looks like in the every day home, neighborhood, and community, the campaign also seeks to inform students and the public on common human trafficking misconceptions as well as how to ask for help and report.
The team PSA submissions should address one or all of these campaign focal points:
- Education on what Human Trafficking is and/or how it occurs
- Techniques traffickers use to target, control, and capitalize on victims
- How students are victimized (online and/or in-person)
- Psychological, emotional, and legal consequences of victims and offenders
- How to report Human Trafficking and the importance of advocating for yourself and others
- Registration Cut-Off – January 31, 2022
- Video Submission and Forms Deadline– March 18, 2022
- Modified Video Submission Deadline– March 25, 2022
- Social Media “Likes/Shares” Period– March 28 – April 8, 2022
- Judges Voting Period– March 28 – April 8, 2022
- Winning Teams Announcement– April 11, 2022
- Awards Ceremony– April 25, 2022
For more information, contact Kaitlynn Frey, Safe School Institute
The FBI Houston CAAA is a non-profit organization closely affiliated with, but separate and apart from, the FBI. Prize money was neither solicited, nor controlled, by the FBI.